Limousine Cover - Installation Guide
In this installation guide, we will show you what all included with your Limousine Cover, quick and easy installation instructions, and some frequently asked questions.
Please note that this installation guide is the same for all limousines.
- What's Included
- How to Install your Limousine Cover
- How to Remove your Limousine Cover
- Frequently Asked Questions
What's Included in the Box
- 1 x Limousine Cover
- 1 x Cable Lock Set (Cable, Key and Lock) - Only Included with our Gold Shield 5L
- 1 x Storage Bag
- 1 x Antenna Patch
- 1 x Nylon Rope
- 2 x Straps and Buckles sewn to the cover (one pair in the front and one pair in the back)
Additional accessory that can be purchase from our site
- Heavy Duty Limousine Cover Wind Straps
- Cable Lock Set (Cable, Key and Lock)
- Storage Bag
- Antenna Patch
How to Install your Limousine Cover
- STEP 1: Find the Front Label Tag (On occasion, it may not say front, but the tag will still be what determines the front.) roll up the cover. Place the rolled-up cover onto the Vehicle. We recommend starting from the rear of the limousine and rolling the cover with the label to the front of the car.
- STEP 2: Position the cover centrally to ensure the cover is in line with the center of the limousine. Open the cover and pull down over the rear-view mirrors. Repeat for the other side.
- STEP 3: Repeat step 2 for the rear of the car. Adjust the cover where necessary as you go until the cover is in position. Once the rear is secured, go around the limousine and pull gently to adjust the fit to your satisfaction.
- STEP 4: All our limousine covers comes with securing straps and buckles. One pair is located in front, the other pair is located in the back. Those straps go under the front bumper and under the back bumper. Take the strap and walk around the car then clip the strap in the buckle. Repeat for all straps. Your cover is now fitted.
- Do NOT cover a wet limousine.
- Do NOT cover a hot tail pipe.
- Do NOT cover a limousine with the windows or sun/moon roof open.
- Do NOT cover a convertible limousine with the top down.
- Do NOT cover a limousine on a hot engine Let the car cool down before installing the cover.
How to Remove your Limousine Cover
To remove your limousine cover, simply reverse the how to install process above and return the cover back in the storage bag.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to know which side is the FRONT of the cover?
All our covers come with a white tag labeled "FRONT". Note: in the event the tag is not labeled front it is still the front of the cover.
How to install the cable lock set?
The Cable Lock sets includes the cable, the lock and a key for the lock. All our limousine covers are equipped with 2 grommet holes located at the bottom at the middle on both sides of the cover.
The steel cable must be threaded through the loop on one end and locked to itself at the other end as shown. The cable passes underneath the limousine and through the remaining scratch proof grommet. The cable is secured with the lock.
Only our Gold Shield 5L includes the cable lock set.
How to install the antenna patch?
If your limousine has an outside radio antenna which will not retract flush with the limousine body, you will have to provide an opening in the cover. We have included a noncorrosive plastic grommet set to reinforce the antenna opening.
- To make the most accurate antenna grommet opening, remove the antenna and install the cover on the limousine, making sure it is properly aligned and positioned.
- Using a sharp pencil, punch a hole through the fabric at the antenna location. Be careful to avoid hitting the limousine finish with the pencil. If the antenna is not easily removed, see procedure #2.
- Place the cover on the limousine except for the fender or body panel where the antenna is located. For Example, if the antenna is located on the front passenger side fender, roll or fold the cover away from the antenna and cover the remainder of the limousine. (Do not attempt to place the cover over the top of the antenna.)
- Center the cover, align both seams with the roof edges and be sure the cover is pulled down evenly over the front and rear bumpers. Carefully unfold the portion of the cover that is next to the antenna and position it next to the base of the antenna.
- Double check the overall positioning of the cover to be certain it has not moved on the limousine and make sure the cover lies flat over the hood and roof areas of the limousine. Mark the cover with the location of the antenna base and make a hole with a sharp pencil.
All our limousine covers come with one antenna patch.
How to install the Wind Straps?
Heavy Duty Limousine Cover Wind Straps is an option for use in areas where wind may lift and/or blow a cover off a limousine. The kit includes two sets of hem clamps and two 7-foot lengths of cord. The clamps are placed on both sides of the limousine in front of the front tires and behind the rear tires. The cord is then affixed to a clamp on one side of the limousine and secured to the clamp on the opposite side to help reduce movement of the cover.
The Nylon rope is there for a temporary solution if you do not have the cable lock, it is a way to lock your cover.
How to wash my cover?
The cover can be washed either by hand (recommended) or by washing machine. To wash the limousine cover by hand, simply install the cover on your limousine and use a water hose to remove all the contaminants, then use a cloth with any multi-purpose cleaner to wash the cover. Apply the water again, then use a dry cloth or towel to dry out the cover or simply let it air dry.
To wash your cover in the washing machine, use gentle mode if available with only cold water and simple green, dilute 1/4 cup in 1 cup of water. Note: Never use bleach or fabric softener.
Other useful installation guides
- Car Cover Installation Guide (Car, Truck, SUV, Wagon, Hatchback and Convertible)
- Class A RV Cover Installation Guide
- Class B RV Cover Installation Guide
- Class C RV Cover Installation Guide
- Travel Trailer Cover Installation Guide
- Fifth Wheel Trailer Cover Installation Guide
- Folding Pop-up Camper Trailer Cover Installation Guide
- Truck Camper Cover Installation Guide
- Hearse Cover Installation Guide
- Motorcycle Cover Installation Guide
- Scooter Cover Installation Guide
- ATV Cover Installation Guide