Car Cover Installation Instruction:
- Position the cover over the vehicle ensuring the front side is facing you. The front can be identified by a tag, label, or logo.
- If your vehicle's antenna isn't retractable or removable, utilize the provided antenna patch with your cover. Refer to the ANTENNA PATCH INSTALLATION section below for details. When using the patch, ensure you pass the antenna through the cover first.
- If your cover comes with mirror pockets, fit them over the mirrors.
- Extend the cover over both the front and rear bumpers.
Car Cover Removal Instruction:
- Unhook the cover from beneath both the front and rear bumpers.
- Lift and fold both sides of the cover onto the vehicle's top, forming a strip about 2 feet (60 cm) in width.
- Beginning from the vehicle's front, fold the cover in sections of roughly three feet (1 meter) from the front towards the back.
Antenna Patch Installation:
If your antenna doesn't retract, our antenna patch is here to assist. It's straightforward to install and should take just a few minutes.
- Fit the cover onto your vehicle to identify the exact position where the antenna touches.
- The front of the cover is labeled with a tag. Begin by positioning this at the front, and then smoothly pull the cover towards the back of the vehicle.
- When you reach the point where the cover meets the antenna, mark this location.
- Carefully make a small cut at the marked spot for the antenna to pass through. It's best to keep the incision minimal to prevent external elements from penetrating under the cover.
- Align the antenna patch over this cut, allowing the antenna to slide through.
- The patch will restore the cover, ensuring it remains sealed and protected.
Cable Lock Installation:
The Cable Lock sets comprise the cable itself, the accompanying lock, and a key designed specifically for the lock. All of our car covers come equipped with two grommet holes situated at the bottom, in the middle, on both sides of the cover.
To use the steel cable effectively, it should be threaded through the loop at one end and securely fastened to itself at the opposite end, as illustrated. The cable is then passed beneath the vehicle, threading through the remaining grommet that is scratch-resistant, and finally, it is secured in place using the provided lock.
It's worth noting that the cable lock set is exclusively included with our Gold Shield 5L car cover only.
WARNING TO OWNERS OF REPAINTED VEHICLE: Applying a cover to a newly painted surface might harm it. If your car has recently been painted, please consult with your painter or body shop regarding the guidelines for using this cover.
CAUTION IN FREEZING CONDITIONS: On rare occasions, if a heavy downpour is immediately followed by temperatures plummeting below freezing, the cover might freeze to an ice layer formed between the car and the cover. If this occurs, DO NOT forcefully remove the cover. Should you need to take the cover off, pour warm water over the car and gently lift the cover, inspecting both its surface and the vehicle's during the process. If you feel any resistance, halt immediately — this means the ice hasn't fully melted. Pour more warm water on the affected area and continue.
CAUTION IN WINDY CONDITIONS: If you're in areas with high winds or storing your vehicle for a long time, ensure you fasten the provided buckles to snugly fit the cover under both the car's front and rear. This should be done even if you're using the optional lock and cable. This cover isn't a substitute for a garage. In strong winds, regularly check for any loose flapping. If wind gets beneath the cover, it might dislodge it or cause damage to the cover itself.
- Do NOT cover a wet vehicle
- Do NOT cover a hot tail pipe
- Do NOT cover a vehicle with the windows or sun/moon roof open.
- Do NOT cover a vehicle that has recently been painted
- Do NOT cover a vehicle that has just been painted.
- Do NOT cover a convertible vehicle with the top down
- Do NOT cover a car directly after being driven. Let the car cold down before putting the car cover on.
- Do NOT cover a car that has been exposed to the sun for an extended period. Ensure the vehicle has cooled down before putting on the cover.
Adhering to these guidelines is essential. We won't be accountable for any damage to your vehicle if these instructions aren't followed.