Gold Shield 5L - Car Cover for Auburn Model 8-98 1931
The new and improved Gold Shield 5L car cover is finally here! This cover is composed of 5 bounded layers of extremely resistant materials. The cover is designed with a new material that has been crafted to protect your car against any weather conditions such as snow, ice, rain, UV rays and high winds. The cover will not let a drop of water go through, as it is 100% waterproof and water-resistant. In order for your car to breathe, the cover is equipped with an additional layer of micro-porous film so that there can be no condensation or water build up. You do not have to worry about the cover scratching the finish of your car, since a layer of soft fleece lining will be touching your paint at all times. We back our Ultimate cover with a lifetime warranty.
- The cover is composed of five (5) layers which is 100% waterproof and water-resistant: three (3) layers of Polypropylene PLUS + one (1) layer of micro-porous film + one (1) layer of super soft fleece lining.
- The Polypropylene PLUS offers the best all-weather water protection.
- The layer of micro-porous film allows superior breathability in order to prevent rot ,mildew, oxidation and water build up.
- The super soft cotton fleece coating lined on the inside of the cover touches the car in all time and protects the finish and the paint.
- Extreme weather protection guaranteed: snow, ice, rain, hail, wind, and strong UV rays.
- Perfect for protecting your car against pets such as cats, dogs, or even bird droppings.
- Resists rot & mildew and will not stretch or shrink.
- Reduces heat based damage.
- The cover is guaranteed to fit your car perfectly and snugly.
- Reinforced grommets built into the cover on the left and right side can be used to secure your cover from theft.
- Protects your vehicle from dust, dirt, tree sap and other harmful pollutants.
- Elastic lining in the front and back of the cover.
- Two buckles and straps are attached to the cover in the front and back to have an extra tight fit.
- The cover can be washed in a machine or by hand (must be air dried).
- Install in less than 30 seconds.
- Weight: Up to 12 pounds
- Color: Grey
- FREE Lock and Cable
- FREE Antenna Patch
- FREE Storage Bag.
- FREE Shipping
- LIFETIME warranty
How fast does the cover get delivered?
All orders are shipped on the same business day, and a tracking number is provided within 24 hours by email. The average shipping time is 3 – 5 business days. We also have an express shipping option that assures delivery in 1 – 2 business days for an additional $30 fee.
What is the solution for the antenna on the car?
All our cover come with a free antenna patch, which allows you to place a hole on the cover for the antenna to go through and the patch seals the hole to insure zero leakage.
What does the warranty cover?
The warranty protects you against any defects, soiling, fading, disintegration, stains, rips and normal use of the cover. The cover is made to last a very long time, therefore we are sure that none of these condition will happen. If for any reason the cover fails, we will send you a free replacement.
Can I customize a cover or mention that I have modifications to my vehicle (such as: camper shell, spoiler …)?
We can definitely tailor the cover to fit the exact specifications of the car. Those type of orders can only be made on the phone. You can call our experts at 1-800-916-6041, who will gladly help you chose the best cover for your specific car.
All of our orders are ship within 24 hours.
Free Shipping to the USA and Canada
CarCover.com offers FREE Shipping with UPS / FEDEX / USPS on all orders to anywhere in the US and Canada. If you’d like your order within 1-2 business days, you can choose the EXPRESS Shipping option at checkout. This costs an additional fee of $30.00. However, EXPRESS shipping is not available to a PO Box.
CarCover.com offers international shipping with FEDEX / USPS for a Flat Rate of $95.00. Shipping time may vary however it usually takes 7-10 Business Days.
Once you’ve placed your order, we’ll send you an email confirmation with the carrier details and tracking number.
Considering the many car cover companies out there, you may be wondering which one is the best choice and why. Well at CarCover.com, we’re confident that our car covers are the best in the industry. The likelihood of you having to replace your car cover is small, however, if you ever have any issues with you car cover, we offer a Lifetime Warranty.
We’ll replace your car cover with a brand new one if ANYTHING happens to it. This includes defects, soiling, fading, disintegration, stains, rips, and normal wear and tear.
How to Install a Car Cover:
- Most car covers will have a "Front" tag either sewn or stamped to the front of the cover. Use this to determine the front and rear of your cover.
- All car covers tag should be in the inside. Putting the car cover upside down may result in damaging your car paints.
- Once you’ve identified the front of the cover, secure this area of the cover around the front bumper first, then pull the cover over the top of the vehicle and secure under the rear bumper last.
- If your custom cover has mirror pockets, be sure to place the cover over the side mirrors first before the ends of the cover are attached to the bumpers.
- If your vehicle does not have an antenna that can be removed or retract flush with your vehicle, you should have received an antenna patch.
- Apply the adhesive-backed antenna patch to where the antenna would hit the cover if it were installed and aligned properly.
- Punch a hole in the center of the patch with a sharp object so that your antenna now has a custom fit.
- Release both ends of the cover from under the bumpers.
- Fold up both sides onto the top of the vehicle into a long pile approximately 2 feet (60 cm) wide.
- Start at the front of the vehicle and fold the cover in three foot (1 meter) folds from the front to the back.
- Do NOT cover a wet vehicle
- Do NOT cover a hot tail pipe
- Do NOT cover a vehicle with the windows or sun/moon roof open.
- Do NOT cover a convertible vehicle with the top down
- Do NOT cover a car directly after being driven. Let the car cold down before putting the car cover on.
Please make sure to follow those instructions, we are not responsible to any damage that may occur to your vehicle.
It is very important to take good care of your car cover so that the performance of the cover is not affected. Many contaminants such as dirt, grease, oil, etc. can be very harmful to the cover’s performance and it might even deteriorate the cover to the point that the water resistance become invalid. Therefore, we recommend that you regularly wash your cover so that it can protect your vehicle more effectively for longer period of time.
The cover can be washed either by hand (recommended) or by washing machine.
To wash the car cover by hand, simply install the cover on your vehicle and use a water hose to remove all the contaminants, then use a cloth with any multi-purpose cleaner to wash the cover. Apply the water again, then use can use a dry cloth or towel to dry out the cover or simply let it air dry.
For washing machine cleaning:
- Use the largest washing machine possible (for very large vehicle, it is recommended to use industrial size machines).
- Put in on GENTLE mode.
- Use mild powder detergent to clean the cover with cold water. DO NOT use bleach or fabric softener.
- Rinse the cover twice in order to remove all the detergent.
- All Covers must air dry the cover.