Chevrolet have been an American icon that just won't quit. There is a vehicle for everyone whether you want a fancy little sports car or a big tough truck. No matter what you need, Chevy's got you handled. We are excited to go over the new Chevy lineup for 2019. Let's dive in.
If you are a Chevrolet fan, then surely you are wondering what the 2019 line up looks like. Chevrolet has been around for over 100 years and has become one of the most iconic American car brands of all time. They truly have something for every style and every personality. If you want a fancy sports car then there is the Corvette or Camaro. If you want a large truck, then they have that too. They also offer a great line of SUV’s and even hybrids or standard sedans. They offer advanced technology, affordable pricing, amazing performance and a sexy style that’s hard to ignore. The company has long been knows for its robust line of trucks and sedans, which are the lines that built the foundation for Chevy to become the company it is today. They have also branched out to other models that can compete with some of the newer markets and offering technologically advanced vehicles the like Cruze, Sonic, and Volt. This brand keeps growing and continues to gain popularity worldwide and more and more people realize that Chevy is a serious contender in the world of vehicle manufacturing. These cars are comfortable, safe and reliable and can be counted on to get you where you need to go, when you need to get there.
American car buyers keep flocking to Chevy in droves. American movies have added Chevy to their films in cameo appearances and as a staple in film and television. Even American rappers and singers keep singing about Chevy’s in their songs. We’ve heard references to Chevy from a diverse array of artists like Snoop Dog and Prince. Lately however it seems as though the sales figures are up and down across the board for all car companies, it is interesting to wonder what the 2019 Chevy line up will look like and how it will impact sales. So we should jump right in and look at some of the cars and trucks that will be offered in 2019 from Chevy.
- Tahoe: these vehicles are pretty similar to the Chevy Suburban, which makes sense considering they are built on the same platform and in the same assembly. They have remained pretty unchanged for a while but are slated for a makeover in 2020. If you are going to buy one of these, you may want to hold off a year if you can so that you can purchase a new one with the new body style and look. If you aren’t going to hold out of the newer body style, then you can still get current models that start for around $47,500. The brand new updated models will start for significantly more than that. The new models are slated to have better gas mileage and more room for more cargo and more room for your passengers to ride comfortably.
- The Malibu has long been a family favorite that have become iconic to the brand but even with that, sales have started to decline. The company has decided to overhaul the vehicle to help reignite the appeal and find a new generation of drivers. They have changed the old 6-speed automatic engine to a continuously variable transmission (CVT). These transmissions are usually reserved for hybrid cars but will for the first time ever be in a non-hybrid car. They will also offer either a 9-speed turbo engine or the standard inline-4 engine. They have also decided to add a rearview camera which is standard on all trim levels and a new software for the infotainment system. Also, depending on what trim level you choose, you can also get an 8.0 touchscreen, which are now standard and heated rear seats. If you are feeling sporty then they also offer an incredible sporty appearance package that comes with black cloth seats, dual exhaust outlets, a blacked out grille and 18-inch wheels. The 2019 Malibu will also have a newer revised body style, which will give it a newer visual appearance that won’t affect the actual functionality of the car. There are newer grilles and new lighting elements that will delight every driver. The Malibu is definitely one of the prettiest Chevy’s and has sleek lines. It gets fantastic gas mileage and with the 2.0L turbo engine still gives 26 miles per gallon and the 1.5L turbo will return 30 miles per gallon. If you are even more fuel conscious then you can choose the hybrid version that boasts 46 miles per gallon. It also doesn’t scrimp on comfort for your passengers and has plenty of legroom.
- Just like the Tahoe, the Chevrolet Colorado Pickup Truck is due for a makeover that probably won’t happen until 2020 even though all of their competitors have overhauled their vehicles to a great degree, in the same class. We hope Chevy decides to pick up the pace and not loose their sweet spot in the market. They can’t not update their vehicle and get away with it for long when all the other car manufacturers are overhauling their vehicles. They will lose sales to other companies if they aren’t careful. Granted, there are going to be some potential upgrades to the 2019 model like a 10-speed automatic transmission and a twin turbocharged 4-cylinder engine that is an option for those that want it. There hasn’t been enough info released on the Colorado to know exactly what’s going to happen with this model and when it’s happening. We’ll just have to hide and watch.
- The Chevy Camaro has long been one of the most iconic Chevy’s that is offered. This will be the sixth generation Camaro that is sexier than even and comes with an even more iconic ZL1 nameplate. There is even a fast, hot little number offered in the ZL1 1LE version that has 650-horsepower that’s got more power and speed than most other cars on the road-even more expensive, fancy sports cars. There may be a few small cosmetic updates for the 2019 model, but there aren’t any major updates scheduled. It may update the car with a new 10-speed automatic transmission but that’s about it as far as changes. They do need to be careful though, the arch rival of the Camaro is the Mustang, which is currently selling for less than the Camaro, so if Chevy doesn’t figure out how to offer more value or a price cut, then they may lose some of their sales to Mustang, and let’s be honest- nobody wants that.
- The Chevy Bolt EV is one of the newer cars offered and has been popular as an electric subcompact car that’s got a good hold on the market with very little competition in its class. In fact, if you asked a lot of people- they may not even have heard of a Bolt. They are still relatively new which can be great because it’s new a shiny or not so great because it doesn’t have an established client base the way the Chevy trucks do, for example. The electric car niche has exploded and become very popular so it’s probably a good assumption that Chevy is going to stay at the top of their game with this car to continue to compete with that will be new offerings in this niche. The electric motors in these little cars offer 200 horsepower which is actually pretty impressive for what’s usually known as a no-so-fast and powerful car (electric cars that is). It’s also got a 60kWh lithium-ion batter pack that will go up to 238 of range in a single charge which is a huge improvement from where electric cars started. These are also decently priced little cars that won’t break the bank and will offer a tax credit. The one downside to the Bolt is that their charging stations are few and far between and they require 10-30 hours to charge the battery fully. These are great little cars to zip around town in, but we wouldn’t suggest using the Bolt as your long road trip car. You don’t want to get stuck out in the desert somewhere with a dead battery and no place to plug in. That being said, besides that, these cars are totally worth checking out if you ask us. The electric car market is only going to continue to grow and get bigger and this little car will have an established place in the game.
- It’s no secret that Americans love their trucks and trucks have been the number one type of car sold in the United States for multiple years running. The Silverado been able to make quite a name for itself and has been a popular truck in recent years and accounts for one-fourth of all truck sales in the United States and one-third of truck sales across Canada. Chevy is looking to up the number of sales from previous years and so they have made some excited changes to the vehicle to try and attract new buyers. The new Silverados have 7-inch wider bed floors and a 3.9-inch longer wheelbase. Also, even though the truck is bigger than it’s ever been, they have made changes that have allowed the truck to ditch a whopping 450 pounds. That’s not all, this truck also has a brand new style that helped shed the extra weight by adding a new, lighter tailgate, and an entirely new body that is rich in aluminum with new lighter doors, hoods and panels. They also made some much needed changes to the powertrain that have the industry’s first dynamic fuel management system that automatically shuts off any unneeded cylinders. Previously, the systems were only able to shut off the entire bank. The 6.2L and 5.3L V8’s are pretty much unchanged from last years model to next years model. The new 2019 Chevy Silverado is also coming out with all new trims that will delight those that want some different options to choose from. There is the off-road focused LT Trailboss and the road-focused RST. For those that still want more choice, there is an all-new 3.0L inline-six turbo diesel Duramax and a new 10-speed automatic transmission. This is going to be a hard competitor for the other truck manufacturers.
- We certainly can’t put a list of fun cars together without talking about the 2019 Corvette ZR1. These cars have been around for over 65-years and have always been a fan favorite. The 2019 Corvette is the fourth model that will be out that has to try to fill the shoes of the other iconic models like the 1969-1971 C3ZR1, the 1990-1995 C4ZRI, and the 2009-2012 C6 ZR1. It will be hard to top what they have done previously, but we’re pretty sure they can, after all they are known for making awesome Corvettes that come in every color imaginable and appeals to millions of people. This new version of the Corvette is the most powerful Corvette ever built not to mention it’s also the fastest Corvette as well. In a stroke of marketing genius, Chevy has decided to only build 3,000 of them in the first year, which will certainly give them some scarcity and appeal to those who want a collectors item that won’t have a million others out on the road. This car has an amazing 755 horsepower and 715 pound-feet of twist. The engine that supplies this kind of power is the supercharged 6.2L V8. It will get you from 0-60 in just under three seconds and will max out at 202 miles per hour. If that’s not enough, it also has a high nine-quarter mile. You also have some fantastic options in body style that you can choose from. The “Sebring Orange Design Package” offers a pretty appearance for the car or the “ZTK Performance Pack” creates up to 950 pounds of down force due to its high wing rear carbon spoiler. With a car like this, you will want to take extra care to purchase the best all weather car cover to protect your sweet ride. This is not the kind of car you want to leave unprotected.
- The 2019 Suburban has been around for generations. They haven’t been too concerned with changing anything on this vehicle for a number of years. Seems like maybe they thought they didn’t need to mess with an already working design. This SUV has a body on frame, and is boxy and giant. It can haul entire teams of passengers to and from wherever they need to go and has been for years. Just like some of the other Chevy’s, our best guess is that they will update and refresh this vehicle in 2020? Maybe? The good news is however; you can pick up the same vehicle that’s a year or two old and less expensive then the brand new off the lot version that is the same. In recent years the cross over SUV’s have become much more popular and it’s actually put a dent in the bulky full-size SUV market so that segment is not as busy as it used to be. It is definitely time for an upgrade though. The Suburban’s box on frame design hasn’t always gotten top marks for reliability. Also, fuel economy and efficiency has always been an issue- but that’s to be expected to an extent when you are driving such a large vehicle. These cars also haven’t scored as high in safety ratings as some other cars on the market- but even still with all of this, sales have been consistent. People still love the Suburban. Brand loyalty anyone?
- The Chevy Spark is adding not only an updated body style for 2019 but also they are offering an optional automatic emergency braking system in their top trim versions that are available. There are four different trims that can be chosen from the Activ trim, 2LT, LT, or LS. The Activ has actually raised the height ride by 0.4 inches. The spark has also chosen to integrate the lower and upper front grills without the use of a body-colored bar. The fog lights have also been reshaped.
- The Chevrolet Cruze has also made a few adjustments for their 2019 version. They have added an optional extra automatic emergency braking system that can be chosen if you want it. Also, they updated their infotainment system by adding a standard 7.0-inch touchscreen. They added this on all models as a standard feature. The other major change they made is broadening buyer’s choices by adding an entry-level trim for the hatchback version of the Cruze.
No matter what kind of vehicle you like whether it’s a hybrid, a big giant truck, a sports car, or a family sedan or SUV, Chevrolet certainly has you covered and they have a vehicle for every one. It will be exciting to see what Chevy thinks of next. Their 2019 line up is a great one, no doubt. However, we think once they decide to finally update some of their larger vehicles that haven’t been updated in awhile that the line up will be even more spectacular. Chevy has been around forever and its clear, there aren’t going anywhere any time soon.