2022 Tesla Model X Review: Performance, Driving and Specs
2021 Model X has shown significant design changes. Therefore, Tesla kept those changes on the 2022 Tesla Model X. In general, users received the improvements quite well, but were confused by the new steering wheel. Let's review in detail!
As may you like 2021 Tesla Model X Review: Performance, Engine And Specs
Overview of 2022 Tesla Model X
Overall, the 2022 Tesla Model X does not have many design changes compared to 2021. The Long Range version was renamed Base, with better range but worse performance than the Plaid version.
New designs such as the U-shaped steering wheel do not receive much praise from users. On the contrary, there are opinions that this new steering wheel is more difficult to control than the old version.
2022 Tesla Model X Exterior Design
On the front, the 2022 Tesla Model X has a design quite similar to the Model S, but with a larger size. Small grille, placed behind the Tesla logo. The LED lights are placed low, quite similar to the Model S with simplicity and dynamism.
The car body is a unique design that Tesla launched - Falcon Wings. The car doors are spread out like bird wings, looking very aggressive and strong. This design helps users get on and off the car without being obstructed. In narrower spaces, the driver can customize the width of the car door to suit. In addition, the lines running from the side of the car are beveled, looking very neat and flexible.
The rear is designed similar to the Model S. Led lights, exhaust pipes are neatly located below. High chassis and 22-inch wheels help the car look very powerful but no less sophisticated.
To protect the glossy exterior paint, or to keep your car looking like new, we recommend: 2022 Tesla Model X Car Covers
- Pearl White Multi-Coat
- Red Multi-Coat
- Midnight Silver Metallic
- Deep Blue Metallic
- Solid Black
2022 Tesla Model X Interior Design
The interior space is based on Lotus, thus retaining its inherent minimalism. The front has all the control buttons removed, helping to hold more items.
The steering wheel has been redesigned into a U shape. According to user experience in 2021, this new steering wheel does not have a good driving feel. It takes users a while to get used to it, similar to the control screen.
The 17-inch control screen integrates all vehicle functions such as vehicle control, sound, air conditioning, self-driving, etc. Driving and controlling the screen at the same time is a big challenge for the driver. It takes time to get used to these designs from Tesla. But later, when you become proficient in using it, driving and controlling becomes much easier.
The wide windshield design helps passengers have an infinite view of the outside. When the weather is hot, this glass absorbs a lot of heat and sunlight, causing heat in the cabin.
Seats are arranged in 3 rows. The front 2 rows have spacious space, the seats have direction adjustment buttons for comfort. With the third row of seats, the space is narrower, causing limited seating. Experts recommend leaving the third row of seats for young children.
Interior Color Options
- Cream, leatherette
- All Black, leatherette
- Black and White, leatherette
2022 Tesla Model X Performance and Driving
Performance and engine
The 2022 Tesla Model X Base is equipped with dual electric motors, with a capacity of 670 horsepower, 713 lb-ft of torque helps the Base accelerate from 0-100 km in 3.8 seconds. Base is equipped with a 100 kWh battery, with a range of 348 miles on a single charge. The car reaches a speed of 250 km/h, lower than the 2021 version.
The Plaid version is also equipped with a 100 kWh battery, but the operating range is less, 333 miles on a single charge. Plaid is equipped with 3 electric motors with a capacity of 1020 horsepower. Plaid has the ability to accelerate extremely fast, from 0 - 100km in just 2.5 seconds. This was the fastest accelerating electric SUV at that time.
Charging and Battery
Both the Base and plaid versions are equipped with a 100 kwh lithium-ion battery. From a 240-volt home charger, the Model X takes 14 hours to fully charge. But with the Supercharger network, Model X only takes 15 minutes to charge from 0 to 80%.
The most powerful version only takes 2.5 seconds to reach a speed of 100 km/h. Remember that this is a crossover, with a massive, oversized body.
The regenerative braking system works quite well, helping the car save energy. According to statistics, When using regenerative braking, the Model X comes to a complete stop after only 111 feet.
Model X weighs 5,500 pounds but the handle feels great. However, the ability to turn is also limited by the heaviness of an electric SUV. Self-driving is fine on popular roads, but in remote areas the system is confusing and slow to respond.
Maybe you like Tesla Model 3 Review: Design, Performance and Price
Because it is an electric SUV, Model X is designed to be suitable for long trips. The cabin inside is extremely quiet and does not create noise when traveling at high speed.
The seat provides comfort, making it very suitable for long distance travel. The cushions and armrests make sitting posture less tiring. The heating mode works very well, keeping the 3 rows of seats always ready in harsh weather conditions.
In the Model S line, there have been many complaints about poor vehicle structure leading to noise in the cabin when traveling at high speeds. This has been completely fixed on Model X. The feeling of sitting in the cabin is very smooth, without any noise at all, except for noises outside the car.
As may you like 2008 Tesla Roadster Review: The Tesla's First Electric Car
2022 Tesla Model X Technology
Audio & navigation
High quality sound system. The sound spreads throughout the cabin, helping to drown out outside noise. However, adjusting the sound mode on the 17-inch screen is quite difficult, not as easy as the traditional buttons.
Like the Model S, Apple Carplay and Android Auto are not included on the Model X. Tesla believes that third-party apps are not good for their system. However, you can still connect to your phone via Bluetooth.
The screen plays an important role in driving assistance features. The screen helps display the distance to objects, warns of blind spots as well as warns of collisions when there are obstacles. Autopilot is quite well supported from the car's safety system, but is not yet complete enough for the driver's peace of mind.
2022 Tesla Model X MSRP
- 2022 Tesla Model X Base: 120,190$
- 2022 Tesla Model X Plaid: 140,190$
2022 Tesla Model X Pros and Cons
- Impressive Driving Range: The driving range of over 300 miles helps Model X meet most people's travel needs. When going away, you just need to carefully plan your battery charging and you can travel comfortably.
- Instant Acceleration: Acceleration is the most valuable experience on Tesla's electric cars, as is the Model X. It only takes 2.5 seconds to reach 100 km/h, it's like you're flying.
- Available for three-row seats: The model X has 3 rows of seats and can carry 7 people. Therefore, Model X is very suitable for families who often go out. Using electricity is very cost-effective when traveling frequently.
- Integrated to Tesla Supercharger Network: Model X is integrated into the Tesla Supercharger, helping to increase charging capabilities much faster. It only takes 15 minutes for you to charge from 0 to 80%. Long trips will no longer be difficult because Tesla is covering its supercharger network.
- Apple Carplay and Android Auto are not integrated: Apple Carplay and Android Auto will not be integrated into the vehicle. However, you can still connect your phone via Bluetooth.
- Windshield absorbs too much heat and sunlight: The windshield is too wide, so it absorbs too much sunlight and heat, causing heat in the cabin.
- The inconvenience of falcon wings: The falcon wings design often causes inconvenience when parking in narrow places. Therefore, Tesla has the option to close the door, helping to save more space.
- Problems in using the new steering wheel: The U-shaped steering wheel is an obstacle for first-time users. They think that a round steering wheel will help them drive more easily. But the Model X is going in the opposite direction, Tesla believes that the future U-shaped steering wheel will make the driving experience better.
As may you like Hybrid and Electric Vehicles Vs Regular Fuel Pros and Cons
2022 Tesla Model X SPecs
|Engine Options||dual / three eletric motors|
|Horsepower||670 - 1020 hp|
|Range||333 - 348 miles|
|Charging Time||14 hours (240v), 15m (Supercharger)|
|Transmission Options||1-speed direct drive|
|Drivetrain||All wheel drive|
|Top Speed||250 km/h|
|Acceleration 0-100 km/h||2.5s - 3.8s|
|Fuel Efficiency||91/95 MPG Options|
|Overall Length||198.3 inches|
|Overall Width||89.4 inches|
|Overall Height||56.3 inches|
|Ground Clearance||5.4 inches|
|Cargo Capacity||26.0 cubic feet|
|Seating Capacity||5/7 passengers|
|Infotainment Screen Size||17 inches|
How much is a 2022 Tesla Model X?
The Model X will have a price ranging from $120,190 - $140,190
How many Model X were sold in 2022?
Tesla sold 31,371 Model X in 2022, which was a significant increase compared to 2022.
How to activate Autopilot on Tesla Model X 2022
- To activate Autopilot on 2022 Tesla Model X, you need to follow:
- Locate the gear stalk on the right of steering wheel.
- Pull the stalk down twice in quick succession.
- The car will beep at you twice, and both the gray steering wheel icon and lane markers on your center display will turn blue.
- Turn the steering wheel’s right scroll wheel up and down to adjust maximum speed, or left and right to adjust stopping distance.
Although the 2022 Tesla Model X does not have many design changes, it achieves great sales. Perhaps, the core value of Tesla's electric cars does not come from design, but user experience and technology. That's what helped Tesla become the king of electric cars.
Maybe you like Tesla - The journey to become The King of Electric Cars