2022 Tesla Model S Review: Performance, Driving and Specs
The 2022 Tesla Model S has not been improved much by Tesla. Mainly software updates and engine upgrades. But the 2022 Model S is still one of the most valuable electric cars to buy at that time. Perhaps with the right development direction, Model S is showing its potential by continuously leading the market.
Overview of 2022 Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan, Mercedes EQS and Lucid Air are emerging names, considered competitors of the Model S. 2022 Model S was launched with performance improvements, only making the Model S more powerful . Therefore, in terms of appearance, the Model S seems to be weaker than its rivals. In return, performance is still the Model S's strongest point.
2022 Model S Exterior Design
Overall, the 2022 Tesla Model S still has the appearance of an electric sports car with minimalism. The vehicle measures 196 inches long, 77.3 inches wide and 56.9 inches high. Model S is neatly designed, the lines create seamlessness from the front to the car rear. On the front, a small shield is placed in the middle, with the Tesla Logo. LEDs are set low.
At the rear, the LED crossbar is also placed low, the small spoiler and exhaust are tucked away at the bottom. The car has a sunroof that opens and closes as you like. The rearview mirror and doors are controlled by the car key or phone. The door handle is hidden below, you have to press the button or use the car key to open it.
To protect the glossy exterior paint, or to keep your car looking like new, we recommend: 2022 Tesla Model S Car Covers
- Midnight Silver Metallic
- Red Multi-Coat
- Pearl White Multi-Coat
- Solid Black
- Deep Blue Metallic
2022 Model S Interior Design
In terms of interior, the cockpit is minimalist with a large 17-inch screen, integrated with all control buttons. With this screen, you can control all features and operations of the vehicle. Users will initially take time to get used to this type of usage because it is quite inconvenient compared to the traditional style. But when mastered, the driving journey will be very easy.
Regarding seat design, there are 5 seats designed to be adjustable and heated. The legroom is quite comfortable, helping tall people not feel uncomfortable. The space inside is very spacious thanks to the minimalism of the design.
The 2022 Tesla Model S has a minimalist design, so space is optimized for cargo use. Indeed, the Model S can carry more than any other vehicle, at 64.5 cubic feet. At the front, because the controls have been integrated into the screen, there is also more space for storage.
Interior Color Options
- Cream, leatherette
- Black and White, leatherette
- All Black, leatherette
Maybe you like Tesla Model X Review: The first Tesla's electric SUV
2022 Tesla Model S Performance and Driving
Performance and engine
Regarding the Base version, the 2022 Model S is equipped with a 100 kWh battery that can travel 412 miles on a single charge. Incredible acceleration, from 0-96 km/h in 3.1s. Top speed reaches 250 km/h.
For the Plaid version, the Model S is also equipped with a 100 kWh battery, with a range of 396 km on a single charge. 3 electric motors with 1050 lb-ft of torque help the Model accelerate extremely quickly, from 0-96 km/h in just 1.99 seconds. In addition, the car also reaches a maximum speed quite high compared to other electric cars, at 322 km/h.
Charging and Battery
Both versions are equipped with a 100 kWh battery. Normal charging time (240v) at home is about 15 hours. However, if using the Tesla supercharger, the Model S only takes about 30 minutes to reach 80% battery.
With outstanding performance and neat design, the 2022 Model S feels extremely good to drive. Optional 19- or 21-inch wheels make the ride more comfortable. The wheels are very grippy, and the low ground design helps the Model S turn very well. Also, the brakes are very effective, taking only about 100 feet to come to a full stop.
Acceleration is what the Model S does best. It took less than 2 seconds for the car to reach a speed of nearly 100 km/h. You can feel the tremendous speed in the cabin, even though it doesn't make any noise.
The Autopilot feature uses four cameras and sensors to monitor blind spots and improve safety, while also supporting semi-autonomous operation in various situations.
Automatic emergency braking can self-assess the situation and make decisions. In specific situations, the vehicle can activate the automatic brake to ensure safety.
In addition, the lane departure warning system will monitor with a camera to give warnings if the vehicle crosses into another lane.
2022 Model S Technology
Google Map is integrated to help the car navigate better. But when moving in deserted places, the ability to update the map is quite poor and slow. Tesla should improve this soon if it doesn't want to receive many complaints from customers.
The sound system is rated excellent. With 22 speakers, the sound can be heard throughout the cabin without worrying about outside noise.
AutoPilot is the best driver assistance system known to the world. This feature supports quite well under normal conditions. But in places where people don't move often, AutoPilot seems quite confused when giving warnings and handling things. Tesla is constantly working to improve this feature.
2022 Tesla Model S Pricing
- 2022 Tesla Model S Base: $106,190
- 2022 Tesla Model S Plaid: $137,190
2022 Model S Pros and Cons
- Impressive Range: The Model S has a range of about 400 miles. This is one of the electric cars with the greatest range.
- Great Acceleration: Incredibly fast acceleration helps Model S become the fastest accelerating electric car in the world. This is the most enjoyable experience that Model S has to offer.
- Large cargo capacity: With a minimalist design, the Model S can carry a maximum of 64.5 cubic feet. Remember, this is just a sporty electric sedan
- Tesla Supercharger Network: With supercharger, charging has never been so easy. It only takes 30 minutes to charge up to 80%, ensuring your driving journey is not delayed too much.
- Lack of elegance in design: Despite interior improvements, the Model S is still criticized for not being luxurious. Because inherently, the core minimalism from Lotus still cannot be abandoned
- No Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration: Over the years, Tesla still hasn't integrated Apple Carplay and Android Auto on the Model S. Perhaps, Tesla wants its cars to use its own control system rather than using 3rd party applications.
- U-shaped steering wheel design is dificult to use: The U-shaped steering wheel design first used on the Model S makes users feel unfriendly. Therefore, it will take a little time to get used to.
- Lack of firm vehicle structure: When the vehicle is moving at high speed, the cabin emits annoying noises. The reason is that the vehicle structure has not been completed, causing collisions when moving. Therefore, Tesla will have to fix a basic error like this soon.
2022 Tesla Model S SPecs
|Engine Options||dual - three Electric Motors|
|Horsepower||670 - 1020 hp options|
|Range||396 - 412 miles options|
|Charging Time||15h (240v), 30m (Supercharger)|
|Torque||1050 lb-ft @ 0 rpm|
|Transmission Options||1-speed direct drive|
|Drivetrain||All wheel drive|
|Top Speed||250 - 322 km/h|
|Acceleration 0-96 km/h||1.9s - 3.1s options|
|Fuel Efficiency||124/115 MPG Options|
|Overall Length||197.7 inches|
|Overall Width||86.2 inches|
|Overall Height||56.3 inches|
|Ground Clearance||5.0 inches|
|Payload Capacity||64.5 cubic feet|
|Seating Capacity||5 passengers|
|Infotainment Screen Size||17 inches|
How many Tesla Model S sold in 2022?
Tesla sold 176,372 units of Tesla Model S in 2022.
How much is 2022 Tesla Model S?
Based on the versions, 2022 Tesla Model S will have a price range from $106,190 to $137,190.
How to set cruise control on Tesla Model S 2022?
In order to set cruise control on Tesla Model S 2022, you should follow:
- Press the end of the gear selector stalk on the right side of the steering column once to activate cruise control.
- Use the same stalk to adjust the cruising speed and the following distance from the vehicle ahead.
- To deactivate cruise control, press the brake pedal or press the end of the stalk again.
How to open Tesla key fob Model S 2022?
To open the Tesla key fob for the Model S 2022, you should follow these steps:
- Insert the flat end of a spudger into the notch, and gently pry the key fob open along the seam.
Separate the cover from the key fob.
- Insert the flat end of a spudger into the entry point at the top of the key fob.
- Lightly push the spudger under the battery.
- Remove the battery from the key fob.
- With your fingers, insert a new CR2032 battery into the opening.
- Push the battery with your thumb to lock it into place.
- To close the key fob, enter the wider side of the cover into the opening in the middle of the key fob.
- With your thumb and pointer finger push together the cover and the key fob to allow for the key fob to be securely closed.
Maybe you like Tesla Model S Review: The Best EV of Tesla
2022 Tesla Model S offers an excellent driver experience. With the most advanced features and technologies, Tesla has been making Model S become the most woth owning electric car. Although there are still drawbacks, Model S is being enhanced. Hopefully, Tesla will improve these disadvantages, help the Model S improve even more and bring a great experience to drivers.